Patriot

Patriot
Notre Fidele Ami

Saturday, February 5, 2011

4-H RANCH

Saturday we held our obedience class at Triple Diamond Ranch, it's a 4-H ranch located in Eustis, Florida.  The dogs had the opportunity to get up close to one of the horses named Hickory.
Patriot checking out Hickory. Hickory is being held by Amanda, one of our puppy raisers, who also volunteers at the ranch.





Jocelyn, Amanda and Archie

It was not Patriot's or my best obedience class!  He was very distracted by every acorn, leaf or clump of Spanish moss, and I in turn lost my focus.  Training with a guide dog puppy is like learning a whole new language. I found myself reverting back to using words(commands) that I used in training my personal pets, instead of using guide dog commands.  Trying to end this session on a positive note, I realized it can only get better!
Looking forward to our walk in the morning.
Recess

 Class is tiring

No comments:

Post a Comment